Saturday, January 27, 2007

The Cry Of A Street Urchin

The world around me is bright with light
But why is mine dark and cold
Mine is a heart sad and withered
Filled with miseries untold.

Life just goes on and on
Seeming at all times empty and long
There is no spirit to endure
Or no hope to find a cure.

Everyone’s looking for the key to his or her life
Nobody has the time to stop and think
Or even share a smile or a blink
I am left vulnerable.

I seem to be ignored by all
With no one to call my own
No one to love, none to love me
Lingering alone in the darkness.

Why do passers-by stop to stare?
Old men seem to glare
But why o why no one to care?
Or is it that I don’t hear the screams of those who seemed to care.

I walk alone, blinded by tears
The road is rough and tough
Though I wear no slippers, I’ll walk ahead
Till the flame dies out and I am DEAD.

-sowmya nataraj

1 comment:

bgs said...

Superb one again