Thursday, January 25, 2007

WIND OF CHANGE

Sometimes, I wish had a dream;
A dream that would come true.
Sometimes I wish I was a bird,
Flying and soaring high up in the sky.
Like an eagle that flies on the breeze,
Flying high, what a feeling to fly
I can go anywhere that I please.
Sometimes I wish I was a child
To fill up the emptiness of a family
Sometimes I wish I was a nightingale
To sing and cheer the sorrowful souls
Sometimes I wish I was an angel
To love someone who has lost their love
But most of all I wish …..
This world was a better place to live
A world with complete peace and harmony,
A world where money making is not the main criteria,
A world where power doesn’t get to the head of those possessing it,
A world where there is absence of reign of corruption,
A world where everyone fights for the good,
A world where there is no Satan-reincarnated.
Sometimes I wish we had the time to stop and think
To find a bond or even a common link
But who knows when this sometime will come?
And who knows where our fate will take us?
So until the time of eternity
I wish and wish and wish
As I sit here wishing a child wails, a boy bleeds,
A woman weeps and man perishes.
And still i sit here doing nothing
Hoping for a saviour, a Gandhi, a Teresa
Forgetting that i could be one, u could be one
We all could be one.
ENOUGH! Here is the time we take over
As each generation marks the arrival of a new change
Let this generation mark the arrival of a new
WIND OF CHANGE.

-SOWMYA NATARAJ
4TH SEM E.C.E

1 comment:

bgs said...

So true. Nice one again.